Please Note: The views expressed in this blog are my personal views and understanding. These views do not represent Islam. Since, I am a Muslim, all the views expressed are seen through the lens of Islam as I see it. It may or may not coincide with Islamic teachings due to my personal shortcomings. This is a Muslim's blog, not a website teaching Islam. Everything good that is written is from Allah, every mistake below is from my own self.  TaqabbAllahu Minni wa minkum wa astaghfiruAllah, All comments are welcome.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Favorite Movie ! Le Grand Voyage

Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

In our lives, we hold some things very dearly. Some songs, some books, some poems, some people, some places and many other things, and in my life this simple movie is very dear to me.I was suggested this movie by a very good person. Maybe that person never realized that this movie is gonna become one of my MOST favorite movies of all time.

I have been searching for this movie since a long time, with English subtitles and I waited eagerly to watch it, and today I finally watched the whole movie and words cant explain how I felt watching this movie, its simple and about a simple event in someone's life and I suggest everyone to watch this movie once, and watch it with English subtitles, because this movie is French and Arabic, although the dialogs are very less, but watch out for the emotions the unsaid words, the unsaid lessons and the power of wisdom and faith...... I am pasting a review of the movie below and also a trailer of the movie, and providing a link to the full movie on Google video, but I am sorry it does not have English subtitles. So, if you are planning to watch this, rent a DVD and enjoy it !

Le Grand Voyage (2004)
"Reda, summoned to accompany his father on a pilgrimage to Mecca and he is asked to drive his dad from France to Mecca, complies reluctantly - as he preparing for his baccalaureate examination and, even more important, has a secret love relationship. The trip across Europe in a broken-down car is also the departure of his father: upon arrival in Mecca, both Reda and his father are not the characters they were at the start of the movie. Avoiding the hackneyed theme of the return to the homeland, the film uses the departure to renew a connection between two generations.


Trailer



Link to full movie on Google videos (without English subtitles)
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=5647474908571696476&hl=en

No comments: