Please Note: The views expressed in this blog are my personal views and understanding. These views do not represent Islam. Since, I am a Muslim, all the views expressed are seen through the lens of Islam as I see it. It may or may not coincide with Islamic teachings due to my personal shortcomings. This is a Muslim's blog, not a website teaching Islam. Everything good that is written is from Allah, every mistake below is from my own self.  TaqabbAllahu Minni wa minkum wa astaghfiruAllah, All comments are welcome.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tawakkul ala'Allah - Complete (100%) Reliance and Trust in Allah alone as a source of help.



Blogs are such a great way to share, learn and teach these days, MashAllah.
I had a wise blogger who visited my humble blog home out of nowhere, and when I wanted to see who it was I visited the blog of that person, and Alhamdulillah, I learnt so much, the person has been blessed with an impressive style and skill in writing and the messages always invite you to ponder upon them.

I read an informative and eye opening post about the topic under discussion on that blog, although it was taken from a magazine, and being copyrighted I would not want to repost it here. Nevertheless I can include a wonderful famous story which is a part of that inspiring article about Tawakkul ala'Allah.

Have you ever felt low ? Forsaken and helpless ? Asking yourself, O Allah, I am a good person, I never abused anyone, nor cheated a soul, I follow your commandments, and here I am, struggling with misfortune and unfortnate events battering my life, making each day worse than the previous .... I cry out to you, day and night, in seclusion after each salah expecting that one day You shall remove this burden from me, You shall ease my path, but each day I sleep dishearted and it went on for years ....O Allah, I trust you, but why me, why me...

Does this tone remind you of a time you were in such a situation or maybe even now you are in such a situation, feeling miserable and helpless ? Here is the inspiring story first...

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island.He prayed feverishly for Allah to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements,and to store his few possessions. But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.The worst had appened;everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger. “O Allah! How could you do this to me?”he cried.
Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island.It had come to rescue him. “How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal,” they replied.

Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of Allah.


Now we have seen innumerable examples of how Allah can turn the most unfortunate looking event, into something which was most needed. If the man's hut had not been aflame, the ship would not have located him and his provisions would be exhausted soon, would he even be alive till another ship should ever pass that way ? We can only imagine.

I now want you to go to that blog I am talking about, and read the whole article about Tawakkul, here > http://writerinislam.blogspot.com/2006/02/rely-on-allah-alone.html or click here

May Allah help us train ourselves, to gain complete trust in Him, and inculcate in ourselves this innate quality of a true muslim, a real momin - Tawakkul AlalAllah. MayAllah help us understand the weakness of worldly sources and how useless every mean of help we seek, apart from Him alone, neither the pharmaceutical drugs, nor the insurance companies, neither does any science can ever give us anything , except by Allah's permission. Nothing good or bad can ever befall us, without Allah's leave, and Allah does not 'need' any means to shower His blessings on us, He can cure us without a single medicine if He willeth so, and no medical team can help us, if He willeth not cure for us, same thing for every other situation. May Allah help us comprehend this eternal truth, the way pious sahabah did (ra) and their families did - a complete reliance on Allah as the provider, ALONE. , Ameen

1 comment:

Amatullah Abdullah said...

Jazaak Allahul Khairan for your kind words brother. All praises are due to Allah alone!